W E L C O M E !
A . I . S . R E A D I N G & M A T H
WHAT WE DO IN AIS
- Bulding Foundations with Letters and Sounds
- Word Work
- Read Together & Discuss
- Read Independently & Discuss
- Strategies for Answering Questions
- Building Foundations with Numbers and Symbols
- Basic Fact Building (+, - , x , ÷)
- Re-teaching Skills
- Strategies for Applying Concepts
*AIS instruction is directed to your child's needs!
LEARNING AT HOME
*This article provides great information, some free websites, and activities to help parents and teachers support their child's reading! I use Dr. Marnie Ginsberg's activities with my (K-4) readers daily.
EDUCATIONAL SITES USED IN SCHOOL (students would have logins)
BrainPOP and BrainPOP JR.: https://www.brainpop.com/
HCS Library Resources: https://www.hartfordcsd.org/domain/27
EDUCATIONAL SITES FOR FREE
Greg Tang Math (Number Sense): https://gregtangmath.com/games
Khan Academy: https://www.khanacademy.org/
Math Playground: http://www.mathplayground.com/
Story Online: https://www.storylineonline.net/
Science Games: http://www.sciencekids.co.nz/gamesactivities.html
During the school day, teachers provide students with "Brain Breaks." Studies show that students who receive physical activity during the school day perform better in school. As a class, we also discuss how crossing the midline of our bodies with our arms or legs helps the left and right parts of our brains work together.
GoNoodle provides us with a variety of videos to get up, move around, and even dance. More information about GoNoodle can be found on gonoodle.com.
TANAGER PRIDE REMINDER FOR STUDENTS
1. Be respectful
2. Be responsible
3. Be ready to learn
Common Core State Standards
In the "Useful Links" (in the pages tab), you can find links to these standards by grade level!
Key Ideas and Details
1. Read closely to determine what the text says explicitly and to make logical inferences from it; cite specific textual evidence when writing or speaking to support conclusions drawn from the text.
2. Determine central ideas or themes of a text and analyze their development; summarize the key supporting details and ideas.
3. Analyze how and why individuals, events, and ideas develop and interact over the course of a text.
Craft and Structure
4. Interpret words and phrases as they are used in a text, including determining technical, connotative, and figurative meanings, and analyze how specific word choices shape meaning or tone.
5. Analyze the structure of texts, including how specific sentences, paragraphs, and larger portions of the text (e.g., a section, chapter, scene, or stanza) relate to each other and the whole.
6. Assess how point of view or purpose shapes the content and style of a text.
Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
7. Integrate and evaluate content presented in diverse media and formats, including visually and quantitatively, as well as in words.*
8. Delineate and evaluate the argument and specific claims in a text, including the validity of the reasoning as well as the relevance and sufficiency of the evidence.
9. Analyze how two or more texts address similar themes or topics in order to build knowledge or to compare the approaches the authors take.
Range of Reading and Level of Text Complexity
10. Read and comprehend complex literary and informational texts independently and proficiently
1. Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
2. Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
3. Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
4. Model with mathematics.
5. Use appropriate tools strategically.
6. Attend to precision.
7. Look for and make use of structure.
8. Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.
Phone: 518-632-5222 Ext. 132
*The phone does not ring during the school day --- please leave a message and I will return your call as soon as possible!
*WHILE WE ARE OUT OF SCHOOL, DUE TO COVID-19, I AM STILL AVAILABLE & HAPPY TO HELP IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE WITH YOUR CHILD'S WORK:
- I will be available by my classroom phone from 8-11 on most Tuesday's.
- I am available daily through ClassDojo.