Welcome to Mrs. Babson's AIS Reading
Common Core State Standards
The Common Core Learning Standards for ELA identify 6 shifts in learning for students. These shifts are supported in the classroom and can also be supported at home by working with your child in the following areas:
1. Read as much non-fiction as fiction.
2. Learn about the world by reading.
3. Read more challenging material closely.
4. Discuss reading using evidence.
5. Write non-fiction using evidence.
6. Increase academic vocabulary.
Important Upcoming DateslJanuary 20th - Martin Luther King Day, No SchoolJanuary 24th - Superintendent Day, No SchoolFebruary 17th-21st - Winter Break, No SchoolMarch 17th - 2nd Trimester EndsApril 10th - Good Friday, No SchoolApril 13th-17th - Spring Recess, No SchoolMay 25th - Memorial Day, No SchoolJune 26th - 3rd Trimester Ends
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me:
Call: 518-632-5222 Ext. 206
***The phone does not ring in the classroom during the school day--please leave a message and I will get back to you as soon as possible.