Welcome to Mrs. Simmons'
Phone (518)632-5222 ext 107
Welcome to Kindergarten! Although it is going to be a different year, we will continue to learn and do a lot of different activities. My goal is to keep all the children actively engaged while following all of our socially distancing guidleines. I am going to outline some of the important information that you may need for the upcoming year.
- Students will start arriving at school at 7:45 depending on the mode of transportation. I will be in the classroom waiting.
- Students will be required to wear masks while on the bus and walking into the classroom. The only time they can be removed is while sitting at their desk and everyone is 6 feet apart.
- Lunch will be in the cafeteria and we will be able to go outside for recess, until the weather changes.
- The students will leave the classroom for specials except Technology.
- I will be encouraging hand washing and hand sanitizer use often throughout the day.
- We will spend the first several days practicing and getting use to all of these new procedures.
- Money for meals should be handeled through the cafeteria. I am sure you will recieve information on that.
- Mr. Cook has posted several "Back to School" videos on our school website and if you have not watched them I encourage you to do so.
We are asking that the kids have:
1 plastic pencil box
3 boxes of 24 regular crayons
4 large glue sticks
Scissors (child's Fiskars)
5 #2 pencils
Erasers (not pencil top)
1 package of FINE TIP dry erase markers
We will be communicating through the use of a FISH folder. The folder will need to travel back and forth between home and school every day. Homework, calendars, money and any other important information will be in the folder.
This will be another form of communication. It is my intention to set everyone up using your email address. If we go remote at any time this will be a very important mode of communication along with google classroom. Please email me, so I have your email and I can get the ball rolling.
This year we will be operating on a Mon-Fri schedule.
Mon - Technology
Tues - Art
Wed - PE (Sneakers will be needed)
Thurs - Music
Fri - PE (Sneakers will be needed)
The kids will be leaving the classroom except for Technology.