Parent Information Page
Educational studies have clearly demonstrated that the more positive engagement that a student's family has in their educational experience, the better the results. The Hartford Central School District invites and encourages parents/guardians to have an active role in their child's educational experience. The District is hopeful that all parents and guardians will find this page useful in helping their students succeed.
Procedures in Case of An Emergency
The Hartford Central School has worked with the Washington County Sheriff's Office, the Hartford Fire Department, and the Capital Region BOCES Health/Safety/Risk Management office to develop and implement the required plans and procedures to address any emergency situation that may arise. As part of our safety and security measures, it is important for our families to understand their important role during an actual emergency situation to ensure the safety of our students, faculty, and staff. Listed below are some important reminders for our families in the event of an emergency:
Thank you for your help and cooperation. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the district office at 632-5222.
- Please do not come to the school or an emergency evacuation site until notified to do so;
- Please do not contact the school or your children if you have heard about an emergency at school. The district will contact you as soon as it is safe to do so;
- Please make sure that your phone number is up-to-date in our student management software (if you have any changes to your child's demographic information, please contact the Guidance Office as soon as possible);
- Please update emergency contact information/ student emergency release paperwork – this information will be used during the release process. (Children will only be released to people that have been designated prior to the emergency);
- Bring Photo Identification with you when coming to sign out/pick up children during an emergency. ( No child will be released to any person without photo identification)
- Once at the emergency release location, you will have to fill out paperwork in order to receive any child(ren).
- Please remember our goal is the safety of the students; please be patient will the staff at the reunification stations.