518-632-5222 ext. 315
1. Arrive for class prepared to be an engaged learner. If you are late, please bring a pass. Consequences could include a warning, teacher lunch detention, teacher after school detention, call home, conference, or disciplinary referral.
2. Cell phones and noise-canceling headphones are not permitted in the classroom. Please leave cell phones in a safe place. If they are brought into class, they should remain out of sight in the charging station. Consequences could include a warning, teacher lunch detention, teacher after school detention, call home, conference, or disciplinary referral.
3. Per the HCS student handbook, food and drink aren't allowed outside the cafeteria. Covered water bottles are acceptable.
4. Raise your hand. Ask for help early and often.
NOTE: Extra school supplies are available. Please see me if you need any traditional item on your supply list.
1. Extra help conferences can be arranged after school on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
2. Per the HCS student handbook, cheating and plagiarism aren't tolerated. Plagiarized or copied assignments will receive a zero. Use MLA 8 formatted citations to credit sources. On collaborative assignments, every student must take an active and substantive role.
3. The School Tool grade book is visible through the Parent Portal.
4. Student work is graded with rubrics developed based on NYS Common Core, Next Generation, or College/Career-Readiness Learning Standards.
5. Grades are typically updated online once each week.